There are 2 major ways to do marketing. The Easy one and the Effective one. Let me discuss both in details here.
The Easy one is the ONE STEP selling in which you place an advertisement with the intended outcome that the prospect will give you a call to book an appointment. This, however, is the most difficult one to get a sale and I will list the major reasons here.
- The prospect do not have sufficient information that he needs to make a decision and fear that if, they call or contact you they may be sold.
- The prospect may not be clear and have fear or misunderstanding about you or your company.
- They don’t trust you, so they’re not sure,if you are any better than the other option.
- An average person see more than 200 ads everyday and can easily forget the message you are trying to convey.
- It is established by research that you need to have more than 7 touches with your client before they can make any decision to work with you.
The EFFECTIVE one is through the funnels. It lowers the barrier to the response from your prospect. It’s like you are removing the salesman out of the equation and just providing the information what the prospect is interested in. Here we move in steps and not try to sell in our Ads. Each step have a specific purpose.
- The Ad captures the attention and channel the interest of the prospect in something that they want. The purpose of Ad is not to create the desire but to redirect the already existing desire towards the solution you have.
- The prospect is then taken to a landing page where you give some kind of free value in the form of information or cheat sheet in exchange of something trivial, which the prospect don’t mind giving. It can be an email address and since the ask is not big generally you can get it. So, now, you have a Lead of someone that may be a future customer. It helps you to position as an expert.
- You give some of your most valuable information or lessons in the PDF which is free. If your prospect can move a very small step towards their goal or end result with this PDF, then it creates the trust.
- The email address that you have, gives you an opportunity to reach them again and generate the trust that generally is missing with only one touch. in your PDF, you can give a CTA ( Call to Action) to book a free consultation. You can also ask them to fill a small survey and based on the answers, you can evaluate if this is the right prospect that you want to work with and can subsequently close the sale during the call.
This can also be called as the ATTRACTION MARKETING in which the prospect feels that they are choosing you as opposed to being sold by you. This is something huge. It’s a human nature to start running in the opposite direction, if they find you needy and desperate for a sale. So position yourself as an expert and help them by creating some value before trying to close them.
All this can be automated through a marketing system in place with Ads, funnels, email autoresponders that helps keeping in touch with your prospective clients, providing value and selling in a very subtle manner. This is the same system that we use for our own clients and is quite effective.